As we begin the new year, I was thinking about how I can make stronger, more significant connections to our student body. I talk with the students about being great, but what does that mean when it comes to my responsibility to the students of HWRHS? After a few days of brainstorming some ideas, here is what I came up with as a working, dynamic framework.
I will make 2015 the best year for my students by:
- Hiring the best quality teachers and supporting the needs of those we already have.
- Helping my students to use all of the tools available to walk the world
- Supporting technology integration for teaching and learning and future success
- Developing programs that help to support a reduction in their stress and improvement in the their mental health
- Working with our staff and faculty to develop outstanding learning experiences
- Listening to their ideas and helping them to get them off the ground
- Continuing to be present in classes to learn about all of the great things happening in our school
- Staying visible at school events to support all areas of our student’s interests
- Doing a better job at getting the message out about all of the great things we are doing at HWRHS
- Taking risks and trying new develop and create the best possible school experiences
Happy New Year!
Eric Tracy, Principal