It’s hard to believe, but a new school year is upon us!
Over the summer we have hired several new teachers and look forward to the addition of their expertise and enthusiasm. We have new personnel in science, math, foreign language, fine arts and special education.
As you may know, we will be operating with a different schedule this year. Instead of a 10-day rotation, we have moved to a 5-day schedule with similar 50 and 70-minute blocks. Other highlights of the new schedule include power block 5 days per week, no homeroom (students report directly to period 1 class), and an increase in the time our students will have with their teachers in class.
Things to remember about the start of school:
- On the first day of school each student will be given a signature sheet for the student-parent handbook that must be filled in, signed, and returned within the first 3 days of school.
- Students will be given a form to update contact and emergency information that must also be reviewed, updated and returned within the first 3 days of school.
- Students must be on-time for school. This year, there is no homeroom to act as a buffer. Students will report directly to their period one class. Students who are tardy to school (unexcused) will be ineligible to participate in any after school activity on the day they are tardy.
- If your child is absent from school, please remember to call the absence line at (978) 468-0409 by 8:00 AM.
- Student schedules will be live on the Aspen portal on Wednesday, August 26, 2015. If you need access to Aspen please email email@example.com
- No changes will be made to student schedules that are complete.
- Freshman orientation is Wednesday, September 2nd from 7:40 AM to 1:30 PM.
- All students report on Tuesday, September 8th at 7:40 AM.
9th grade, Sept 2nd (during orientation)
10th, 11th and 12th, September 8th
You should receive the information for student pictures via email from Lifetouch. If you have not received the email, we have picture order forms in the main office of the high school.
Student assignments by guidance counselor can be found here.
Frank Sullivan – F.firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochelle Morin – email@example.com
Hugh Kirkland – firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Cahill-O’Shea – email@example.com
Check out the September Guidance newsletter.
Here are other places you can get up to date information:
As I begin my 25th year in public education, I still find the start of a new school year still very exciting. I look forward to another great school year full of new and amazing opportunities for all of our staff and students!