Dear Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2019,
I would like to welcome you and your family to the HWRHS family. On Wednesday, September 2nd, we will be hosting the annual 9th-grade orientation for our incoming freshman. The school day will be a normal Wednesday schedule, 7:40 AM to 1:30 PM. Here are some other details of the day:
- Students do not need to bring anything with them on that day. This includes their iPads.
- Buses will be running on their normal schedule. The bus schedule can be found on the District website: http://www.hwschools.net.
- Students do not need to bring lunch. We will be hosting a barbeque for them in the HS courtyard that will include hamburgers and hotdogs, chips and drinks.
- Students will receive a paper copy of their schedule
- Orientation is for students only. Students will meet their Mentors first thing in the morning. The Mentors will help the students to find and open their locker. The combination will be on their schedule.
- Students will report to all of their classes so they can learn the location of the classrooms and to meet their teachers.
- There will be a clubs and activities fair in the cafeteria so that our freshman can learn about the clubs and activities available to them.
- Students will have their picture taken for school IDs and for any picture packages that you may decide to order. Lifetouch should have emailed the information to you. If you have not received an email, extra picture order forms are available in the main office.
We have an informational session for parents and guardians of freshman on September 9, 2015 at 6:30 PM in the high school auditorium. This is an optional meeting for you if you would like to learn more about the high school. There is also an Open House scheduled for September 17th at 6:30 PM. This is an opportunity for you to meet your child’s teachers.
We look forward to a great school year and are very excited to have you and your family join the high school family!