This letter was emailed to all parents and guardians of HWRHS students on Auust 14, 2017 for the 2017-18 school year:
August 14, 2017
Dear parents and guardians,
We have been fortunate to have a summer with lots of clear sunny days! It seems incredible that it is almost over and school is about to begin. I would like to welcome the parents and guardians of the students of the Class of 2021 to the high school. This letter will outline some of the important information, dates, and deadlines that you will need for the start of school.
There are several ways to find information and to stay up-to-date. Our primary means of communication is email. It is important to update your email address on the emergency card your child will bring home so that it can be updated in Aspen. We also use Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and the District Website.
Things to remember about the start of school:
- On the first day of school, each student will be given a signature sheet for the student-parent handbook that must be filled in, signed, and returned within the first 3 days of school. Students will be also given a form to update contact and emergency information that must also be reviewed, updated and returned within the first 3 days of school. There will also be an optional insurance form if you would like to purchase insurance.
- Students must be on-time for school. There is no homeroom to act as a buffer. Students will report directly to their period one class each day. Students who are tardy to school (unexcused) will be ineligible to participate in any after school activity on the day they are tardy. The only exception is the first two days of school. Students will report to their assigned HR on those days. HR lists will be posted in the front lobby and are also on the student schedule.
- If your child is absent from school, please remember to call the absence/safe arrival line at (978) 468-0420 by 8:00 AM. Upon return from the absence, you must send your child in with a note for the school to excuse the absence.
- Student schedules will be live on the Aspen portal on Friday, August 18, 2017. If you need access to Aspen please email email@example.com
- No changes will be made to student schedules that are complete.
- Freshman orientation is Tuesday, August 29, 2017, from 7:40 AM to 1:30 PM.
- All students report on Wednesday, August 30, 2017, no later than 7:40 AM.
- Curriculum Night is Wednesday, September 6th from 6:30 – 8:30 PM.
9th grade, August 29th (during orientation)
10th, 11th and 12th, August 30th
You should receive the information by mail for student pictures from our photographer, O’Connor Studios. If you have not received the information, we will have picture order forms in the main office of the high school.
Student assignments by guidance counselor can be found here.
Dr.Kristen Lazzaro, Director of Guidance and Counseling
Here are other places you can get up to date information:
Schedule for 2017 school year
High School Bus Routes (Will be updated a week before school begins)
High School Events Calendar
HWRHS Important dates for Parents
The start of a new school year is very exciting. I look forward to another great school year full of new and amazing opportunities for all of our staff and students!